(1) Reduced Dependence on Fossil Fuels - Solar energy production does not require fossil fuels and is therefore less dependent on this limited and expensive natural resource. Although there is variability in the amount and timing of sunlight over the day, season and year, a properly sized and configured system can be designed to be highly reliable while providing long-term, fixed price electricity supply.
(2) Protect the environment - Solar power production generates electricity with a limited impact on the environment as compared to other forms of electricity production.
(3) Flexible Locations - Solar power production facilities can be installed at the customer site which reduces required investments in production and transportation infrastructure.
(4) Government Incentives - Government has established incentive programs for the development of solar and other renewable energy sources, such as (i) net metering laws that allow on-grid end users to sell excess electricity back to the grid, (ii) direct central & state subsidies to end users to offset costs of photovoltaic equipment and installation charges, (iii) low interest loans for financing solar power systems, (iV) Rapid depriciation & tax incentives.
(5) Reduce or even eliminate your electric bills - Whether you’re a homeowner, business, or nonprofit, electricity costs can make up a large portion of your monthly expenses. With a solar panel system, you’ll generate free power for your system’s entire 25+ year lifecycle. Even if you don’t produce 100 percent of the energy you consume, solar will reduce your utility bills and you’ll still save a lot of money.
(6) Earn a great return on your investment - Solar panels aren’t an expense – they’re one of the best ways to invest, with returns rivaling those of more traditional investments like stocks and bonds. Thanks to substantial electricity bill savings, the average homeowner pays off their solar panel system in four to six years and sees an ROI of 20 percent or more.
(7) Protect against rising energy costs - By investing in a solar energy system now, you can fix your electricity rate and protect against unpredictable increases in electricity costs. If you’re a business or homeowner with fluctuating cash flow, going solar also helps you better forecast and manage your expenses.
(8) Increase your property value - Multiple studies have found that homes equipped with solar energy systems have higher property values and sell more quickly than non-solar homes.
(9) Quick installation & low maintenance - Solar system installation is very quick and requires almost no maintenance.
(10) Proven & Stable Technology - Solar irriadiance is stable & Solar technology has been around for more than 40 years.